Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ty Louis Campbell

Tonight as J.R. is playing race cars with Scott and Tony and I are sitting on the couch I open the mother's blog I read daily. The blog of a mother who's son is dying from cancer. This is what I see:

Ty Louis Campbell
10.04.2007 - 10.17.2012

http://www.superty.org/

What a kick in the stomach, I didn't believe it at first. No, this couldn't be true. I've been following this little boy's fight for two years and spent many nights in tears. This little boy has had the fighting spirit that most brave men don't even come close to touching... this little boy is too sweet to have something so horrific happen to him. He's been though too much to lose his battle.

I have learned so much from Ty and his mother. I let J.R. jump in muddy puddles the other day something that goes against my grain. I lay down with J.R. almost every night since reading this blog and realized I have the most wonderful conversations with my sweet little boy. I let J.R. play in the tub for "5 more minutes" (J.R.'s new favorite saying) after I'm ready to be done with his bath. I have tried to pay attention to the small things, leaves on the ground, the clouds, the birds in the sky and show J.R. how to appreciate them.  When J.R. fights me and doesn't act perfectly it annoys me but I have to remind myself I'm lucky he has the strength to fight me. Tomorrow J.R. is going to play with finger paint and who cares if it gets all over. Tonight I am going to  hug my little guy and give him kisses while he sleeps. I am lucky, we are all lucky if we have healthy kids. I take that for granted way too much. .

I never had the chance to meet Ty Louis Campbell but I can tell you he has changed my life. He took a little piece of my heart with him to heaven today.



No comments:

Post a Comment