Tuesday, February 15, 2011

GRANDMA


GRANDMA
Grandma when I think of you
A smile comes to my face
I have known you all my life
And hold you in a state of grace
I love you more than words can say
My feelings for you grow more with each passing day
You have done so much for me in my life
It seems like you have that magic touch and can always relieve my strife
When my mother died I thought my world was shattered
But you were there to pick me up even though my heart was splattered
You made my childhood better than “Leave it to Beaver”
It was all because of your help, I turned into an achiever
Grandma you have one of the most gentle and kind soul’s I have ever known
I pray I can have a shred of your kindness when I’m fully grown
Nothing you did ever went unnoticed even though it may have seemed that way
I wish I could rewind and continually hit replay
I’m so happy you got to meet and know my boy, J.R.
I will do my best to pay forward the kind of person you are
We will make a treasure chest full of your memoires
This way J.R. won’t forget and have you there for centuries
I will treasure the gifts that you will leave with me
I will love them forever, this I can guarantee
I want you to know when you leave this earth my heart will be broken into pieces
This is going to be a life lesson I guess that is what god teaches
People say time heals all wounds that someday the pain will subside
But grandma I can tell you I think they must have lied
I can’t imagine not being able to call you on the telephone
I guess I have to put on my big girl pants because you have raised me and now I should be grown
Grandma I love you so much more than words can say
I will miss everything about you but will miss you most on your birthday
You will always have a place in my heart that no one will ever fill
I love you so much, my heart it over spills
I will always be looking for signs you are looking down on us from above
I know you will never leave us, you’ll always be there with your love
1-24-11

No comments:

Post a Comment