Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I love our little boy!

Last night I was rushing to put J.R. to bed because I had so many things to do. I didn't want to read him a story (even though he asked me multiple times to read to him) and I cut his rocking time short.

Our nightly routine: Momma, Toots and J.R. go upstairs, take a bath, read books and then I rock him to sleep in my grandma's antique rocking chair that was her great grandfather's. I love the sound of that rocking chair, it is so comforting and reminds me of when I was a child. But like I said, last night I was in a hurry and cutting things short. I put J.R. in his crib and said, "good night, I love you baby boy" quickly shut the door and ran off to my office to begin my night's work.

For the past month I have been following this blog: http://tylouis.blogspot.com/ I can't stop myself from reading about this sweet, innocent little boy who has a brain tumor. The doctor's said he wouldn't make it to Christmas 2010 and he's still here March 2011, he's been fighting the cancer since August of 2010.

So, when I went to my office last night I pulled up the blog to get the latest daily update for this amazing little boy Ty. The last paragraph of her blog entry was:

Last night, Ty allowed me to hold and snuggle him for the first time in weeks.  He is usually too apprehensive about moving his head around and he thinks it will hurt if I hold him, so I know he must be feeling better.  He fell asleep as I cradled him and I just couldn't help but begin weeping and weeping.  The tears just wouldn't stop.  He's grown so much over the last six months (and in so many ways), but his face is the same face I've been staring at for hours on end as he lay in my arms since the day he was born.  He's the most beautiful thing in the world.  Please God, don't ever let my arms be empty.

Needless to say, I was in tears and I ran to J.R.'s room, flipped on the light and said do you want mama to read you a book? J.R. was SO adorable (you probably had to be there) and responded, "yeah, mama!". So I hopped in his crib (yeah we both fit, not sure how) with 6 books and we read them over and over. J.R. then asked if we could rock (in the rocking chair) and we did of course. Normally after the rocking chair I put him directly in his crib but I grabbed his hockey guy, elmo and blankets and we cuddled on the floor and both fell asleep. I woke up around 10pm put J.R. in his crib and went directly to bed. I didn't want to ruin the wonderful feeling I had with work or anything but the thought of spending the night with my son. There are so many sick children out there and I know I take for granted how healthy my son is... we are so lucky to have him in our lives and so very lucky he is thriving and not being held back by health issues. I love you my son. I love you my son. I know there will be times that I will take you for granted but I will do my very best to "catch" myself, slow down and live in the moment with you.

We have been so busy with everything going on, I haven't posted any pictures so here you go!

Playing Vet at daycare.

Valentine's sensory table at daycare.

Lunch on Valentine's Day, so adorable!

Havn' fun!

Playing with buddies at daycare.

Spending some time with Papa.

Football with daddy.

Trying to jump on daddy.

Poor Toots!

We are in a sausage stage right now, lovn' sausage!

This is the second time he's been in heels!

Good morning... just waking up!

Getting better everyday on skates!

No comments:

Post a Comment