Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A bath, what a simple thing.

The blog I read every day about this little 3 year old boy fighting cancer is heart wrenching. Every mother should read this and be thankful for every annoying little moment they have with their child. The post today really hit me hard... here's part of it...

In fact, today Ty took a bath.  It was a very special moment, one that I will always cherish.  He hasn't actually gotten into a tub since December and he really enjoyed the feeling of being submerged in the warm water.  He even smiled wide and told me I was tickling him when I washed his feet.  Just knowing he could feel me washing his toes, and that he was enjoying it was so reassuring.  At one point he when he was quietly staring out the window I asked him if he wanted to get out and he softly said "no."  It felt great to be able to give him that time doing something that felt really good.

Us mothers with healthy children should be so lucky to give our children bath's on a regular basis and not think of it as a hassle. Could you imagine your child being given a bath as a luxury? I am so lucky to have a healthy little boy.

Here are some pictures from the last few days.

At home sick playing loving Toots!
At daycare playing the cashier.
Lookin cute just waking up Saturday morning.
Making pizza at daycare.
Having fun outside at daycare.
Having popcorn with my friends.
Toots is a good sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment