Tony had his car driving experience at 3pm Saturday at the Speedway, so no nap for J.R. We couldn't have him miss his daddy driving a Ferrari! We got home around 5pm and played some more. J.R. didn't go to bed until 9pm, an hour late! He's so cute lately, he wakes up and cries to me to cover him up. I run to his room, cover him up with his blanket and he goes right back to sleep. He's crazy right now with being covered up, this too shall pass!
![]() |
| J.R. playing with his race cars while waiting for daddy to drive his Ferrari! |
![]() |
| J.R. getting excited for Daddy! |
Sunday was J.R. and mommy day. We went to a new Presbyterian Church. Boy, I thought my church was small in Chariton Iowa.... oh no, this church is small. J.R. was the only child in the nursery and there was one 10 year old there for the children's sermon. This minister gave a great sermon but I need to find a church that has more children, so J.R. can thrive and want to go to church when he's older. So next Sunday off to a different Presbyterian church!
After church we went to the Springs Preserve. There are so many fun things to do with children there. Today was special, they had a "behind the scenes" look at what the Zoologist do. J.R. got to see crickets, hissing cockroaches, lizards, rats, mice, spiders, worms and snakes up close and personal! He loved it, I probably loved it a little more than him to be honest. When I got home, I told Tony to hurry up and get done with this doctor thing so I can get started on my Biology degree to become a Zoologist! You may think I'm kidding but I'm not!
After the "behind the scenes" we went to a raptor show. They were so cool and J.R. loved it! The raptors swooped down so close to us, their wing span was enormous. J.R. got to run around and pretend he was a raptor!
Later, we watched some lizards eat mice. Yeah, J.R. liked that too. He oohed and awed while I looked away. This may detour my Zoologist idea but I think I could get use to that.. it's the food chain right?
![]() |
| Springs Preserve sand box. |
![]() |
| Watching the Raptor show! |
J.R. went home to nap for his typical 3 hour nap. Once he woke up and got his bearings, my boy and I had a date at Red Lobster. I keep seeing lobster fest advertised and I've been dying for a lobster tail. As I watched the lobsters in the tank while we were waiting for our table, I thought to myself, I can't eat these little guys, then it occurred to me if I want to be a Zoologist this would be a step in the right direction.. again, part of the food chain, right?
J.R. wanted milk at the Lobster but they ran out so I ordered him a milkshake, next best thing right? Once he got his milkshake, he tasted it and realized it wasn't milk. He looked at me with concern and said, "Mama, where's my milk?" I told him, instead of milk you have a milkshake. So, J.R. shook the milkshake thinking he could get milk if he shook it.... priceless!
![]() |
| Being adorable at Red Lobster. |
![]() |
| This kid keeps asking me to take his picture so he can see himself in my phone!?! |
J.R. is fast asleep now, except for the 4 times I've been in to cover him up at his request. What a wonderful weekend with my little boy!






No comments:
Post a Comment