Monday, April 9, 2012

It's been way too long!

I can't believe how long it's been since my last post. J.R. has gone though so many changes! The latest change is that we are potty trained! We've been trying for a few months, bribing with anything we could think of but he just wasn't interested in pooping on the potty. He would pee pee all day long but refused to poop. Well Friday night while I was at a play, Tony was watching J.R. at home and what do you know, he pooped on the potty! All weekend he pooped but never when I was around, only when Tony was with him. J.R. told Tony once that he "sat on the toilet so long, his butt aged 20 years and now he has no control over his poops." Finally, last night I saw with my own eyes that J.R. is indeed poop trained! J.R. liked to yell, "Fire on the poop deck." when he has to go number two, it's a riot to see!

This kid is so funny, I'm so sad I've missed so many funny things he's said over the last few months. I remember a few because I posted them on FB. Here's some of the gems I never want to forget:

1. As I give him a kiss he turns his head, I kiss his eye socket and he responds, "Mom, that hurt on so many levels."

2. As I'm walking out to my car one morning he says, "Mom, I hope everyone at your work likes your belt."

3.  Were started to "officially" potty train and use only underwear, no diapers, as I'm putting on his underwear he says, "It's about time you put my underwear on, now I'll poop in the potty!"

4. As he's sitting outside by our pool relaxing in his little chair he leans back and says, "Wow, life is good."

He is like a sponge and remembers everything he hears but the fascinating thing is  he knows when to use the one liner's he hears. It keeps Tony and I in check and chuckling to ourselves daily.

I hope to get back to posting now that work may have slowed down a little.





No comments:

Post a Comment