Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chicago Trip and more..

This last weekend J.R. and Tony flew to Chicago for a long weekend and I went to Scottsdale with a group of girlfriends.

When J.R. got home on Tuesday he tried to ignore me for the first hour or so, then he turned into his cuddly self. J.R. began telling me story after story.

He said Papa was very good a video games. Papa beat him three times and J.R. didn't win once.

J.R. also said the favorite thing he did was go to a cubs game, he said, "do you know why that was my favorite thing? It's because they WON!"

J.R. imitated the "booty dance" as he calls it. He sticks his bottom out and shakes it really fast. He explained this is what a guy did at the baseball and won the dance off!

Here is a picture of  J.R. at the Chicago Cubs game! He got a ball again! This kid gets a ball from the field every time he goes to a game, thanks to his daddy always getting good seats and J.R.'s persuasive abilities!




The official school year begins August 20th and J.R. graduated to the Penguin room, he was a Sea Turtle last year. J.R. is not too excited about his teacher. He doesn't think his teacher likes him. Tony and I are going to open house Friday night. We've only seen his new teacher, Ms. Debbie in passing and she does not seem too friendly. Only time will tell. It will be good for J.R. not to be a favorite, I just hope that his new teacher enjoys teaching.

Last night we picked out his Halloween costume. As we were walking into the store, J.R. said, "Mom, I need to try on the costume before I buy it.". I responded, "Oh, no J.R. that's way too much work and there's no where to try it on in the store." J.R. said, "Oh no mom, I have to try it on, trust me mom, just trust me." Where does this kid come up with this stuff? I asked him, where he heard the trust me phrase and he said, "Mom, I just know it.".

Here's a preview of Halloween!




No comments:

Post a Comment