I'm so in love with my little guy, how can you love something so much? I look forward to picking him up from school and feel sad when I have to drop him off at school in the mornings. I have a mother's guilt every time J.R. says he wants to stay home, every time J.R. cheers because he gets to stay home with us all day but I know in my head pre-school is the best thing for him. He is so adaptable and he's learning so much from school and he absolutely LOVES his friends. Speaking of friends, we are having a play date at our house this Sunday. We have invited 4 of J.R.'s buddies from school (Gavril, Gabe, Alizar and Evan) to our house for lunch (pizza) and play. I asked J.R. what he wants to do with his friends and he said, he wants to show them his room and then play football and baseball. This is the first time we've had a play date with friends from school.
I'm so scared I'm going to wake up and before I know it J.R. will be moving out of the house. It's already gone by so fast, these 3 years and we only have 15 more years left before he goes out into the world on his own.
Tonight I let J.R. fall asleep in my bed while Tony is studying for a Cell-Phys test tomorrow. He's so adorable when he sleeps, I have to share this picture.
 |
J.R. falls asleep holding my hand most nights. This is my favorite time of day!
|
We had our last play of the season a few weeks ago. The plays are so much fun, we will miss them until next year. J.R. gets to play with Audrey, his playmate since he was first born.
 |
| Audrey and J.R. wanted to go on stage after the play. J.R. gave his first on stage kiss! |
 |
| Waiting in line before the play keeping cool playing with a spray bottle. |
 |
Enjoying our food and drinks before the play started.
|
Last weekend we went to Des Moines. It was my 20 year class reunion, I can't believe it's been that long. It was SO nice seeing all my old classmates. Tony, J.R. and my grandpa traveled with for the festivities. Tony was surprised by how genuine and nice everyone was, he couldn't believe how many people knew him. Word travels in a small town and everyone knows everything! I loved that my grandpa could spend time back in Chariton with his friends and my old friends. My grandpa got to see his old office that he built, which is now run by another doctor. He use to be the "town doctor" back in the day when they did house calls. You would not believe that he charged $5 for an office visit, $10 for a house visit and $100 for delivering a baby! Those were the days! Speaking of Des Moines, Tony toured Des Moines Medical School, where my grandpa went to med school. It was amazing, one of the top DO schools in the country. Wouldn't it be funny if we ended up there?
 |
| We visited the cemetery where my mom and grandmother are buried while J.R. and Tony fed the ducks at the pond. |
 |
| Professional spaghetti eater! |
 |
| Arriving at Des Moines airport. |
 |
| Tony took this picture. We are at the office in Chariton. This is the first bar that J.R. was in... he was almost 4 years old! |
 |
| Auntie Ju Ju, J.R.'s god mother and my high school friend Erin. |
 |
Here are a few of my classmates!
|
So we are back at home, safe and living life too fast. We are back to the daily grind with life flying by way too fast. The weather is getting cooler and it's almost the perfect time of the year. J.R. and I are going to spend more time outside after school, now that it's not so hot outside!
One more sweet thing I want to share tonight, one of those "cute" little things that J.R. does that steels my heart. I was curious who J.R. considered his best friend. Since we have his little buddies coming over Sunday, I wondered if Gavril was still his best friend so I asked him. J.R. responded, "you mommy, you are my best friend". I know his "best friend" changes throughout the day but at that moment I was his best friend and that made my heart sing!
No comments:
Post a Comment