Sunday, December 9, 2012

A lesson learned from J.R. to Mommy and Daddy.

Today Tony took J.R. across the street to the park to play baseball. J.R. came home so excited he asked if I would take him to the park so he could play on the jungle gym. I couldn't say no, he was so sweet. Historically, J.R. has a hard time leaving the park, he typically has a breakdown because he doesn't want to leave. So, I sat him down before we went and explained to him that I would take him but he was not allowed to give me a hard time when I said it was time to go home. J.R. responded, "Momma, I won't give you a hard time, I'll be a good boy. But can you please point out the good things I do and not the bad things?" Wow mom, lesson learned. The entire way over to the park we talked about all the good things he does.

Thanks to Aunt Lori's suggestion we got J.R. Elf on the Shelf. He is now adopted into our family and J.R. named him Sheriff. I'm so excited to see where Sheriff ends up each morning but you should see J.R. it's so great to see his reaction, it's priceless. This morning Sheriff was in our pantry getting into trouble!

I didn't know Sheriff liked Molasses?


J.R. ran errands with me Saturday afternoon. The first stop he made with me was getting my eyebrows threaded. This was a first, I've never taken him there with me before and wasn't sure how he'd react. We pulled up and there was a Dunkin Doughnuts next to the eyebrow threading place. I told J.R. if he was a good boy, he could get a doughnut. Well, what do you know.....

J.R. picked out the Christmas doughnut!


Today we decorated a gingerbread house with Christmas tree. J.R. did the roof and two sides but then lost interest so I had to finish but I think he did a pretty good job overall. I'm not sure how long the gingerbread house is going to last in our house, J.R. keeps eating the house!




Saturday night we went to Opportunity Village. It's a Christmas wonderland, I've never seen so many Christmas lights in my life. We went with two other friend's families. There were rides, games and hot coca and cookies! J.R. had so much fun! Oh yeah, and he got to sit on Santa's lap with Audrey and Alexis!




J.R. and I rode the Christmas train together, can you tell he's having fun?


J.R. has never had tootsie rolls before. One of his classmates gave everyone tootsie rolls so when he got home Friday he tried his first one and LOVED them. He ate five!


We decorated Christmas cookies. J.R. actually didn't lose his attention span this time!


No comments:

Post a Comment