Sunday, February 24, 2013

Homebound Weekend.

J.R. loves to stay home on the weekends. He'll leave the house and go out and do things but his preference is staying at home. This weekend we stayed home all weekend, except for his baseball game on Saturday at 10am. While at home J.R. wants to constantly play, he'll turn anything into a game. He was getting on his daddy's nerves today so I told J.R. that we could have a J.R. and mommy picnic. He picked the menu, the place we had the picnic and the games we played.

The menu: angry birds pizza, cheese its and mini cupcakes.
The place, J.R.'s room.
The games, basketball, connect four and angry birds.

As we sat down and started our picnic here's how the conversation went:
J.R.: Mommy, this is a lovely picnic. I love having picnics with you, thank you mommy.
Mommy:  Do you know how to work your mommy?
J.R.: Yes.
J.R.: Would you  say that to your daddy if he had a picnic with you?
J.R.: Oh no mommy, I wouldn't say that to daddy, only you!

This kiddo is so precious to me. Every little comment that comes out of his mouth, I relish and want to remember forever. I see so much of Tony and myself in J.R. He has Tony's mannerisms and looks while his personality shows my tenacity and love of competition.




 When we were at J.R.'s baseball game I stood outside the dugout and watched J.R. He was playing and talking with his friends as I stood there. He looked up and saw me, gave me a huge smile and said, "Mommy did you see my big hit to the outfield?" I thought to myself, there's going to be a day when he stops calling me mommy, he'll start calling me mom and there's also going to be a day when he will look up at me while I'm watching him in the dugout and he won't give me a huge smile and will not want to talk to me.

This last Saturday was J.R.'s last game of the season. His coach gave all the kids trophy's and J.R. got the Babe Ruth Trophy because he was such a great batter! He had such a huge smile on his face. Here's J.R. holding his trophy.




J.R.'s school had a Valentine's Day party where the parents could attend and help our for a few hours. I love seeing him in his school environment. He is learning SO much at school. J.R. can now name and write every letter of the alphabet. I don't know what a 4 year old does, since this is my first child but his mommy thinks he is so smart. I am impressed with him on a daily basis! Here are some pictures of his Valentine's Day party at school.





The night before Valentine's Day, we went to the Harlem Globetrotters. Auntie Ju Ju got J.R. tickets for his birthday and he had so much fun. It took awhile to figure out what was going on but he caught on pretty quickly.




Here are two random pictures of J.R. from the last week. He's always doing goofy things and I don't catch most of them but once in awhile I get a few good ones.


Those lips, I love those gorgeous lips!

No comments:

Post a Comment