I just checked on J.R., as I peeked in his bedroom tonight I saw him laying on his belly staring at his pillow mumbling to himself. He looked so adorable I had to jump in his bed, snuggle and talk to my little guy. I found out through our conversation that J.R. was staring at his hockey sheets, specifically the Blackhawks logo on his pillow. He was debating with himself if the blackhawks emblem was a boy or girl. J.R. was reasoning with me that it looked like a boy but he saw earrings and boys don't wear earrings! After a few minutes discussion we came to the conclusion that it was a boy and we realized boy Indians can wear earrings. I was ready to leave his room and he suckered me to stay in there another 20 minutes with fun and fruitful conversation. After I realized what he was doing I asked him if he thought he was smooth and J.R. responded, "Oh yes, mom"!
I have to admit a really horrible mommy moment from last night. As I put J.R. to bed, he was begging and pleading for me to stay in his room doing everything his head could think of... I was so frustrated that I snapped at him and responded, "J.R. I have been with you since 9am this morning, I've had enough!" and with that I went downstairs. It took about an hour but I finally realized what I had said to my sweet little boy. I should never make my little guy feel like it's work to spend time with him, I'm lucky to spend time with such a sweet little boy. I found myself taking for granted my little guy is healthy and independent, being grouchy towards him making him feel like he's a pain. I know there will be a time not too far away that J.R. will not want to spend time with his mommy and I should cherish these moments.
J.R. is such a smart little guy. I don't remember being a four years old myself but I can tell you I was not doing anything near what he's doing. J.R can write all of his letters and numbers and read some words. As we were going to school on Friday we stopped at the stop sign and J.R. said that sign says stop! He can write his name, both J.R. and James. He can write he's friends names too! J.R.'s memory is SO good which I do not debate, he got from his daddy! Tony and J.R. played the memory game (J.R.'s first time) this weekend. Tony played hard and didn't just give the game to J.R. the final score was 17 to 18, Tony won but it was so close! A few weekends ago, we were watching Best Exotic Marigold Hotel one morning and J.R. saw one of the women on the show and said, " Oh we're watching James Bond". He saw James Bond's boss who was also in this movie. J.R. has only seen one Bond movie once!
J.R.'s passion, besides sports is numbers. He's crazy about numbers. He likes to tell you the score of any game, what inning or period it is and what numbers the players are wearing. He now likes to watch basketball, I think it's because the score is constantly changing and he likes to yell out every time someone makes a basket!
One last thing I have to post. J.R.'s teacher from last year pulled me aside last week and said that J.R. was in a group of kids talking to her about their rooms. They were letting her know the size of their rooms and what they had in their rooms. J.R. informed Mrs. Joann that we have an extra bedroom downstairs and sometimes mommy makes daddy sleep down there because he has the "toots"!
No comments:
Post a Comment