Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pink Pink and More Pink

We are having a baby girl! When we picked up nana and papa at the airport J.R. wore a t-shirt that said, "I'm having a baby sister"!

I can't begin to tell you all the things running through my mind. I'm super excited but very anxious at the same time. I know about little boys and even though I was a little girl I feel like I have no idea about them! From my experience little boys are so easy, laid back and go with the flow while from what I've seen, little girls are so emotional and high maintenance. The girl scenario is the complete opposite of our household, I think! What are we going to do when everyone in our household wants to watch the Blackhawks or the Angels and we have little girl tugging at our pants asking to watch princess shows? I guess we'll figure it out as we go just like we did with J.R.

I'm also thinking farther down the line all the fun things about having a little girl, now I have a permanent spa and shopping partner! How fun it will be to take my little girl shopping just like my grandma did for me, those are some of my best memories! J.R. and I have had so many son and mommy days doing boy things now I'll have those days with my little girl.

We have decided to name our little girl Ruth, after my grandma. Tony's Aunt is also named Ruth so it's a namesake from both sides of the family which makes it even more meaningful! If my little girl is half as sweet and caring as my grandmother we would have done such a good job raising her. As of today the middle name is going to be Ann. My middle name and my mother's middle name is Ann but this isn't set in stone. Elizabeth is also a possibility for a middle name. J.R.'s name was going to be Elizabeth if he was a girl. This name has no significance, we just both liked it! So time will tell!

While nana and papa were in town we had such a good time. We went to San Diego for a few days and saw some baseball games and went to the Safari Park. J.R. will not leave papa's side, he's papa's little shadow. It's so adorable to watch them interact, he love his papa and nana.


J.R. in San Diego.
J.R. and Papa playing tic tac toe.


In the middle of a Padres game J.R. gets tired and asks to "lay down".

Sunset in San Diego.

Meerkat at the Safari Park.

Big boy.

Little boy.

J.R. helping me make Tres Leches!



No comments:

Post a Comment