Monday, September 23, 2013

Many months have past.

It's only 7 more weeks until my due date, November 15th. On one hand time has flown by but on the other hand I'm ready to have by body back. I think Baby Ruth is taking all my energy! When I was pregnanat with J.R. I don't remember being tired or slowing down but now, 5 years later at age 39 I have offially slowed down. This little girl is bouncing around like a ball in my belly. She's really beating me up, I don't remember J.R. being so rough! We almost have everything ready for Ruth's arrival and I'm looking forward to meeting her and having her in our family. I wonder what kind of changes another child will have on our family. I wonder if it will be easier to adjust to a second child compared to a first child. I wonder if Ruth will be as good as J.R. when J.R. came home he was a perfect little boy, we spent our time worrying about what could go wrong rather than appreciating all the things that were going right with J.R. J.R. always slept at night and was up during the day, he rarely got sick, he rarely cried from my recolection he was SO easy! I think J.R. is looking forward to seeing Ruth, he's getting possesive over her already. I bet he's going to be a good big brother. This morning J.R. told me that he and daddy wanted to help me around the house because he knows Baby Ruth is making me tired. J.R. keeps making us laugh our asses off, he's such a funny kid. He LOVES to dance and boy does he have some moves, he can really move his hips! Tomorrow the Voice begins again and J.R. is excited to watch "our show" believe me there will be some dancing in our house tomorrow night. J.R. started with his same baseball team last week. His first game is in October but practing has begun. This is now the 3rd season with the same team and coach. A few weeks ago we got J.R. is first cleets and wood bat. When he was at practice last week he wanted to bring 2 bats, one metal and one wood because that's what his daddy does. This reminds me of another thing J.R. did a few weeks ago. He came downstairs one morning with his shirt in his hand. I asked him why he wasn't wearing the shirt and he responded well daddy had his shirt in his hand yesterday so I wanted to do that today. I know everyone thinks there kids are the greatest most funny kids around but one thing is true, J.R. has enriched our lives more than words can say. He is the sweetest most caring thing I have encountered. One story that we will never forget was when Tony and I took J.R., my niece and nephew to Lake Mead to rent a boat the day before they left to go back to Tampa. Tony wanted to go to a private cove where there was no one else, we beached our boat and swam for a few hours before we got in the boat to head back to the marina. The boat wouldn't start, we called out mayday on the cb and we were not getting a response. Then over the cb we heard a storm warnig saying 40 MPH winds were coming and take cover. We continued to call on the cb for help and the storm came. It rained horizontal, lighting was striking all over the place and it was getting chilly. We took out a towel and covered J.R. so he would be sheltered somewhat. During the storm J.R. looked up at me with his wide blue eyes and asked me if he was going to die. That absolutely broke my heart, I grabbed him with a big hug and told him that his mommy would always take care of him the best she could and we were going to be okay. After the storm passed a houseboat beached themselves and let us on their boat. It seems that they heard our mayday calls and came to help us. Somehow they could hear our calls but the marina could not. They called for help at the marina and a few hours later they fixed our boat and sent us on our way. It turns our a line in the motor was krinked when we lowered the motor back into the water. They said this was a freak occurance, leave that to happen to us! We were so thankful for the family on the houseboat, if it wasn't for them we could have been out there all night long! Now whenever it storms we say at least we aren't on that boat in Lake Mead!

No comments:

Post a Comment