Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First trip to the Heartland!

J.R. and family went to Des Moines last weekend. It was a sad occasion but we made it as fun as possible. We laid my grandmother's cremains to rest. It was hard but something we had to do. Grandma we love you and will always have you with us in our hearts!

So during the ceremony J.R.'s Godmother Julie watched J.R. at her house. This was their first time alone together. It looked like they had a blast. Julie, J.R.'s godmother has a park by her house. Here's a picture of J.R. coming down the slide. No words necessary.


We went to a I-cubs baseball game Saturday night. Auntie JuJu (J.R.'s Godmother) bought J.R. a baseball and I-cubs hat! He loved the game, Julie got us seats in the first row behind the Cubs dugout. When J.R. got up the next morning, the first thing he asked for was his hat and ball. Here's J.R. at the hotel outside playing Sunday morning.





Our flight didn't leave until 9:50pm Sunday night. It was a long day but we ended up spending the afternoon with Julie and her parents, Chuck and Mary. Papa Chuck (J.R. named him) took J.R. out in his golf cart. Yes, that is a picture of J.R. driving! He loved it, so much so he cried when he couldn't drive the car back to the hotel. After the cart ride Papa Chuck took J.R. out to hit some golf balls. J.R. had a blast! He hit a few "good shots" for a 2 year old. We figured out J.R. was a lefty!




Thanks Papa Chuck for exhausting J.R. that afternoon. J.R. had his best flight yet, he slept the WHOLE way!

J.R. has had a big week this week. It was his first day at his new school. Here's a picture of J.R. with his new backpack getting in the car his first day of school.



The first day I called to check on him and they said he did great, he ate a big lunch (they walk to the lunch room for lunch) and he was going with the flow. When I called at 1pm, during nap time, they said he was sitting on his mat, not sleeping but chatting away using all his words. They commented that he has LOTS of words for a child his age. This morning was his second day and he broke my heart. He said he wanted to go to Karen's, he didn't want to go there to Candilhall. As I was walking him into the building he said, "Mama you come with me right, no leave." I told him, "yes, I'll come in with you". He smiled. We walked in his classroom together and the kids were outside playing. He held on tight to my hand as we went outside. The teacher said it would be best if left right away. So I pryed my fingers from J.R.'s hands while he was sobbing for me. It was so hard and I could still hear him as I walked out to my car.

This is a great school. They are having favorite stuffed animal day tomorrow, water day the next day and Friday a family BBQ for lunch! J.R. will get use to his new school, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.



No comments:

Post a Comment