Tuesday, April 1, 2014
And we're baaaccckkk! Needless to say life has been hectic but we are getting into a routine and things are getting back under control. Baby Ruth is 5 months old! She's not a little baby anymore, she's getting so BIG! I can't believe she is SO long she's wearing 12 month sleepers. Everyone said every child is different, no two are alike and I'm finding out that is SO true! Ruth already has an "attitude" she knows what she wants, when she wants it and how she wants it. If she doesn't get her way she'll get mad and she'll let you know about it! Her Peditrican said now that she's 5 months I can let her cry it out and not hold her all the time. Oh, did I mention Ruth likes to be held,CONSTANTLY! Well when the weekends come Ruth and I have some come to Jesus meetings I shut her bedroom door, sit in a chair next to her and let her cry it out. Oh yeah, did I mention that she is persistant and hard headed like her mother (pay back is ....)? She will cry up to 2 hours wanting to be held and getting so angry but I hold out and so far I'm winning. I'm beginning to set boundaries with Ruth and I hope she's starting to realize crying does not equal getting her way.
Ruth does not seem to care for her daddy right now. Tony and I play a game and it goes like this: I hold Ruth,she's smiles and happy I hand Ruth to Tony and she looks at him, get's mad and cries, I grab Ruth from Tony and hold her and she's all smiles and happy again. We can do this back and fourth and we get this reaction every time. I know Ruth will eventually love to have her daddy hold her and I know Tony if fine with not having to take care of her while she's this little but it will be nice when they can finally get along!
On the other hand Ruth LOVES J.R. She sees him and she is all smiles. J.R. is such a good brother, he is SO sweet to Ruth. He will watch Ruth for me for a few minutes here or there. The other day I had to take a shower and I asked Tony and J.R. if they could watch Ruth. They put her on her tummy time mat, Tony sat back on the couch and J.R. played with Ruth the entire time. Now that is an awesome brother. When I take them to school (J.R.and Ruth go to the same school) J.R. always wants me to drop him at his class first so he can show off his baby sister to his buddies. Today they have school pictures and they are getting pictures taken together. I can't wait to see how they turn out!
Our family feels SO complete now that Ruth is here. When it was just J.R. I always felt like something was missing and now that Ruth is here we feel complete. We have a lot to come in the next few years and it will be fun watching our family adapt. I am so thankful for my family and friends. We have built such a great life and we are so fortunate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment