Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Easter

Easter is in 2 days and J.R. is very excited for the Easter bunny! He and Sandi decorated Easter eggs last night, almost 2 dozen eggs! We will be having deviled eggs and potato salad for a week!

Ruth is doing better, I lover her tons but man, she is work or maybe I'm just too old, haha! She is sitting up by herself, sometimes she will fall over but if you spread her legs far apart she's a "sitter"! I have to say, time is going by so fast! I remember when J.R. sat up by himself and it seemed like it took FOREVER but with Ruth she was sitting up before we knew it! Ruth has the biggest smiles and she tires to flirt with that big smile to get you to pick her up!

J.R. is such a great big brother, he LOVES Ruth. He likes spending time with Ruth and playing with her. He says he can't wait until she can crawl or walk (me too buddy!). I wonder if he will really like Ruth following him everywhere once it happens?

So, I have another J.R. story to tell.. I either have the sweetest little boy in the world or a brilliant little guy who knows how to play his parents. It's spring break this week and Amy is watching Ruth for us at home. I told J.R. not to ask Amy for anything period, she is here to watch Ruth not play with him. The next morning J.R. came upstairs to my office and said, "Amy said when Ruth wakes up from her nap we can go in the pool." Knowing that going in the pool is one of J.R.'s favorite things to do.. I asked J.R. if Amy offered to take him in the pool or if he asked Amy to take him in the pool? J.R. responded, "I don't remember.". (ugh).. so after 5 minutes of badgering J.R. he came clean and told me he asked Amy to take him in the pool. I made J.R. follow me to where Tony was and together we told Tony the details of how J.R. disobeyed the rule. In the midst of the conversation, I told J.R. he would have to be punished but he could pick the punishment. J.R. stood there with his big watery eyes and said, "I don't get to play all day." Tony chuckled and told J.R. that it didn't have to be that bad of a punishment. Tony told J.R. that he was going to go into the pool with him now but the punishment could be that J.R. had to wait until later in the day. J.R. still had big tears in his eyes and said, "no, I don't get to play." and he went into our loft and laid there on the carpet. Tony and I looked at each other and said, "Wow, this kid just won that battle and now he's making us feel bad for punishing him!"  J.R. sat there for an hour while I worked in my office. I had to leave for an appointment and as I left I told J.R. that he could get up whenever he wanted, this wasn't the punishment I suggested, he did this to himself. Tony told me that he sat up in the loft in the corner doing nothing for another hour! So this kid has my tenacity and both Tony and my hardheadedness... I think we are in for quite a ride! OMGOSH.. help!

Here are some more pictures from the last few weeks!

Ruth falling asleep during our dinner feeding.


Ruth and J.R. with Auntie Lori's Easter gift!

J.R. at Bacon Bar for lunch!

ruth's chubby little feet!

Sleeping Ruth, this is the only time she's quite.

One of the few times Ruth has let her daddy hold her.

Add caption

Ruth finally figured out how to jump in her jumper. She's a jumping queen!

Ruth wearing her 12 month White Sox's dress at 5 months old. The dress is tight we will only be able to wear this a few m more times!


After dropping J.R. off at school one morning I found this in his room. He laid out his clothes he wanted to put on after school... notice the underwear!

Ruth in her jumper!


This is a rare occasion and only lasts a few minutes without crying.

J.R. still loves hockey!

No comments:

Post a Comment