Well Easter was a hit! J.R. said he got so much candy that he must have been a "really good boy" this year! The night before Easter I had a revaluation, J.R. is a smart little boy now and I have to be more "sly" when it comes to the holidays. J.R.'s room overlooks our yard where we hide the Easter eggs and candy so we had to somehow hide and place the candy and eggs before he woke up in the morning. J.R. wakes up such random times, it could be 7am or noon, you never know! Operation Easter begins: I got Sandi to hide the eggs and candy while I held Ruth at 7:15am praying that J.R. would not wake up, look out the window and see Sandi hiding the eggs. As I was holding Ruth outside she starts talking the only problem is when Ruth "talks" it's actually a scream! I ran inside with Ruth praying she didn't wake up her brother! After Sandi hid everything we went upstairs to see if J.R. was awake and found him sleeping soundly. Operation Easter was a success, thank you god for not ruining Easter for J.R.!
We've finally made it back to church, we haven't been in so long. I love the church I found when we moved to the northwest, even better than that is J.R. loves Sunday school! He looks forward to it every Sunday. We scheduled a playdate for this last Sunday and when I told J.R. he said, "Mom, why would you do that, you know we have church!" I responded, "Well little guy, we are going to church then we'll have your playdate after church.". I had to chuckle that he was scolding me thinking I didn't plan for church!
After church we went to Bucca De Beppo, we couldn't believe how empty the place was, we had our own section. Ruth sat in a highchair and did so good during the entire lunch! Ruth is so interested in our food! She's eating her baby food really well except for the fact that her tongue gets int he way. She recently found her tongue and is not sure what to do with it.. yet!
Later we went to Ralph and Mary Lou's, they had some Easter goodies for the kids. We had Ralph hold Ruth to see what she would do and once she was in Ralph's arms she looked at him and cried! So it may be that Ruth does not like men to hold her, she may have a grudge against men and not just her daddy! We are going to Ruth's pediatrician for her 6 month shots on Friday. Please say a little prayer for us, this is always a rough day after her shots! It will be interesting to see how much she grew. She's so big, my arms are getting a workout carrying her around and holding her while she bounces. Bouncing is her favorite thing to do this week, I hold her while I'm sitting, she stands on my legs facing me and then she jumps! She gives me the biggest smiles and I try to hold out as long as my arms can take it!
Here are some more pictures from the last few weeks!
 |
| J.R. with his Pipers Easter Egg from Chariton Iowa! |
 |
| Ruth holding her Easter basket tight! |
 |
| Cheese! |
 |
| J.R. entertaining Ruth! |
 |
| J.R. with ONE of his Easter baskets. |
 |
| J.R. and Ruth can finally sit next to each other. Great job Ruth! |
 |
| J.R. LOVES to hold his sister, she's only half the size of him, haha! |
 |
| From Tootsie's view point! |
 |
| This is the only thing that Ruth will let us put her in and she won't cry. She'll stay there for 20 minutes if we are lucky! |
 |
| Ruth trying to EAT her Easter basket. Everything she touches goes into her mouth. |
 |
| Notice the shoe on J.R.'s right foot. |
 |
| Ruth jumping, mommies arm workout! |
 |
| Ruth constantly tries to eat her feet. |
No comments:
Post a Comment