This was my first Mother's Day without my grandmother, my mother for the last 25 years. It was a really sad day but like always J.R. brought so much fun and happiness to the day.
J.R. and I flew to AZ to spend a long weekend with grandpa. We didn't want him to be by himself on Mother's day! We went to so many places during our short visit. We went to the wildlife museum the first day. It was amazing so many animals I've never seen before. That night, J.R. asked me if the bear was going to get him. I said no way, he lives way way far away. The entire weekend J.R. was telling everyone, "the bear lives way way far away, he won't get me". The second day we went to the children's museum. J.R. loved this place so many fun things for him to do. The last day, Mother's Day, we went to the zoo. What fun! J.R.'s favorite was the monkeys and bugs!
I was so happy we could spend the first Mother's Day without grandma with grandpa. I love you grandma and grandpa. I know you miss grandma so much. I see you doing things in "her honor". I've noticed you have changed your seat at the kitchen table to hers. I noticed you cook like she does and make an entire 5 course meal. I notice you sleep on her side of the bed. I notice all the pictures of her and you both around the house. We love you so much grandpa and we can only imagine how much you miss your wife. One thing I know for sure, our little boy, J.R. brings a smile to your face and a light in your heart. He's the best medicine anyone could ask for....
It's been so long since I've posted anything.. here are some pictures over the last month...
 |
| Lazy days in grandpa's house. |
 |
| Saying, "Hi" |
 |
| Passed out after a full day with grandpa. |
 |
| Holding an otter. |
 |
| Holding a kangaroo. |
 |
| Petting an albino kangaroo. |
 |
| Easter |
 |
| Easter |
 |
| After eating a cupcake on Easter morning. |
 |
| Daycare buddies celebrating Easter. |
 |
| Field trip with daycare friends. |
 |
| Fun with daycare. |
No comments:
Post a Comment